Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 2 cups firmly-packed fresh kale
- 1 cup of fresh bay leaves
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp. to 1/2 cup olive oil
1. Place pine nuts in a dry skillet, and toast until golden brown, about 3 minutes.
2. Place kale and bay leaves in a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Add pine nuts, garlic and salt. Pulse until kale is finely chopped.
3. Add cheese, and pulse until cheese is mixed thru. Do not puree or overprocess.
4. Drizzle in olive oil, and continue to pulse until the pesto reaches the desired texture.
Enjoy on whole grain cracker or with vegetables.